We now have an opening for a responsible, motivated and efficient
Project Manager (Job code: PM22) (m/f/d)
We are looking forward to working with you on project management tasks to successfully implement European projects. To start, your work would focus on two newly funded Horizon Europe projects which cover two extremely hot topics:
- Pandemic preparedness beyond Covid-19 (ISIDORe project), in which we lead the work package on diagnostics and therapeutics services.
- Cutting-edge research services provision for cancer research to foster patient benefits across Europe (CanSERV project), in which we work on new therapeutic solutions.
Both projects involve large consortia of European Life Science Research Infrastructures. As EU-OPENSCREEN, we coordinate the access to our Screening platforms and medicinal chemistry laboratories, including scientific and administrative tasks.
1. Management of successful grant proposals and third-party funding:
- Monitoring project progress, coordinating the timely delivery of project reports and milestones, and monitoring of used resources.
- Coordinating the trans-national access of European and international researchers to EU-OPENSCREEN partner sites (incl. defining and updating the catalogue of services offered by the ERIC).
- Preparation of project documents, deliverables, milestones and ensuring regular updates.
- Liaise with consortium partners about any project related operations.
- Acquisition of all supporting documents from project partners.
- Development of outreach material and dissemination activities.
- Monitoring and documentation of the project implementation.
- Organising, updating and maintaining archives and databases.
- Scheduling and organising online and face to face meetings, writing project meeting minutes.
2. Possible support in preparation and writing of grant proposals, providing additional support for other ongoing EU projects or core scientific services, in close collaboration with experienced EU-OPENSCREEN managers.
- Experience as a project manager in interdisciplinary scientific projects with international institutions.
- Minimum of a M.Sc. degree in chemistry, biology or related life sciences
- Track record in the writing of grant proposals and the administration of EU grants would be a plus.
- Strong organisational, management and presentation skills with high attention to details.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; SharePoint would be a plus
- Excellent collaboration and networking skills
- Fluent English with strong writing skills, German would be a plus
- Proactive and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A position initially funded for 2 years in an international team and an international collaborative research environment
- Attractive working conditions and remuneration packages
- A great office location in Berlin on an international science campus with Mensa and vast sport facilities including Gym
- Professional development through qualifications and training programs
- Active support for a healthy work-life balance including remote working options and flexible working hours
- After registering via the above webform please send us your application as one single PDF (5MB) file named “PM-22_YourName_YourFamilyName_application” to email@example.com , including:
- motivational letter,
- updated CV,
- supporting documents including potential references,
- salary expectation,
- work time expectation,
- possible starting date at EU-OPENSCREEN ERIC
Please indicate "Project Manager" in the subject line of your email.
After March 15th, we will start evaluating all applications received and plan to invite possible candidates to at least one interview in April 2022. Please notice that we might also contact your indicated references.
The position remains open until a suitable candidate is identified. We thank you for your interest in our organisation and we are looking forward to meeting you soon!
The job advertisement can be downloaded here.