Phone : +33 491 32 46 97
Email : email@example.com
Antibiotics, Bacterial membranes, gene regulation, porins, multidrug resistance, transport
The research unit is located in AMU Health Campus and comprises about 12 researchers (INSERM, CNRS, Univ, SSA) and several postdocs-PhDs. The team expertise covers various domains, from Bacterial membrane and transport (genetic and functional aspects, structural-activity relationship), Antibiotic resistance mechanisms (clinical involvement, regulation and prevalence), New antimicrobial compounds (new antibacterial activity or new vectorization strategy). Jean-Marie PAGES is author of over 250 publications and 4 patents. He has strong interest in (i) antibacterial agents with special concerns on antibiotic susceptibility and resistance in Gram-negative bacteria, (ii) Gram-negative bacterial membranes and, (iii) membrane transport (porins, efflux pumps). He has recently developed new concepts and methodologies, and created news tools to measure intra-bacterial accumulations of antibiotics and early steps of killing rates by antibacterial agents.
- Masi et al. Mechanisms of envelope permeability and antibiotic influx and efflux in Gram-negative bacteria. Nat Microbiol. 2017 Feb 22;2:17001. doi: 10.1038/nmicrobiol.2017.1.
- Nicolas-Chanoine et al. Interplay Between Membrane Permeability and Enzymatic Barrier Leads to Antibiotic-Dependent Resistance in Klebsiella Pneumoniae. Front Microbiol. 2018 Jun 29;9:1422. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2018.01422.
- Vergalli et al. Spectrofluorimetric quantification of antibiotic drug concentration in bacterial cells for the characterization of translocation across bacterial membranes. Nat Protoc. 2018 Jun;13(6):1348-1361. doi: 10.1038/nprot.2018.036.
- Lôme et al. Multiparametric Profiling for Identification of Chemosensitizers against Gram-Negative Bacteria. Front Microbiol. 2018 Feb 19;9:204. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2018.00204.
- Dumont et al. Mechanistic aspects of maltotriose-conjugate translocation to the Gram-negative bacteria cytoplasm. Life Sci Alliance. 2018 Dec 28;2(1):e201800242. doi: 10.26508/lsa.201800242.
- Dumont et al. Antibiotics and efflux: combined spectrofluorimetry and mass spectrometry to evaluate the involvement of concentration and efflux activity in antibiotic intracellular accumulation. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2019 Jan 1;74(1):58-65. doi: 10.1093/jac/dky396.
- Davin-Regli et al. Enterobacter spp.: Update on Taxonomy, Clinical Aspects, and Emerging Antimicrobial Resistance. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2019 Jul 17;32(4). pii: e00002-19. doi: 10.1128/CMR.00002-19.
- Vergalli et al. Porins and small-molecule translocation across the outer membrane of Gram- negative bacteria. Nat Rev Microbiol., 2019, in press.