An EU-OPENSCREEN screening site will take the robust, miniaturised assay together with established orthogonal and counter screens through the high throughput screening (HTS) process, followed by confirmatory (dose response) and counter screening (identical assay without the target or with non-functional target), until a final list of confirmed hit compounds is established.
This process includes the following services:
- HTS (of the entire EU-OPENSCREEN chemical collection)
- In silico profiling, including basic chemoinformatic analysis and identification of frequent hitters and other potential false positives
- Hit selection
- Confirmatory screening, including orthogonal assay and IC/EC50 determination
- Basic counter screening
- Basic SAR based on screening data
- QC of confirmed hits for a biochemical screen, the hit confirmation process includes testing for activity in a cell-based model.
- Fragment based library screening
- Virtual screening
For more information you can watch our introductory video on high-throughput-screening (HTS) here.